Find out how the projects we fund make a difference to the lives of young cancer patients and their families.
What do we support?
The Olivia Hodson Cancer Fund supports paediatric (childhood) cancer research and palliative care at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the nearby UCL Institute of Child Health. Our aim is to help specialist centres such as these to offer continued excellence in treating young patients.
We often support projects in fields that struggle to access larger, grant-giving organisations.
The fund has supported over 100 projects in the following areas:
- Novel and innovative research projects, usually to establish a basis for large scale applications for funding (‘pump priming’)
- Research into new and alternative treatment strategies
- Projects supporting innovations in nursing, advanced training, palliative care and pain relief
- Contributions towards the cost of state-of-the-art equipment
- Programmes that offer practical and emotional support to patients, parents, siblings and staff
This video was prepared for Olivia’s Legacy Dinner, includes some footage of Olivia, highlights the importance of research into childhood cancer and some examples of recent patient experiences.